Saturday, July 21, 2007

Magic is Might!

After getting the book I ate my breakfast and went back in my room and started reading the book I waited for so long.

*draws out wand from my robe*

“Salvio Hexia … Protego Totalum . . .Repello Muggletum . . . Muffliato . . . Lumos Maxima,” I whispered in order for people not to disturb me while I was reading the book.

When I read the first three chapters, I felt sadness, because this stupenduos series that started when I was still in elementary really ended the day I got the book. But there are some parts that lifted my sadness like the chapter about the seven potters. But still overall the emotion of the book was sad and kind of action-packed. And I never thought nor imagined that the Dursleys had spared some ‘love’ for Harry. Dumbledore’s past was far from what he had known for by the Wizarding Community.

Almost all of the important persons in Harry’s life died. Hedwig, Dobby, Tonks, Mad-Eye and Lupin were one of those characters who were killed. There were some parts though that I did not understand that’s why sometime this year I will be reading it again after my school works.

For the Epilogue, well it was well done but the ending was somewhat weak to me.

Some lines from the book:

  1. Part of Lord Voldemort lives inside Harry.
  2. “That Potter lives is due to my error not to his triumph.” – Lord Voldemort, Chapter One, The Dark Lord Ascending
  3. Harry Felt a corrosive hatred toward Ron: Something had broken between them. Chapter Fifteen, The Goblin’s Revenge
  4. Where your treasure is, there will you heart be also. Found on Kendra and Ariana Dumbledore’s Grave
  5. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. Found on James and Lily Potter’s Grave
  6. “Right then, fake Potters line up over here, please,” said Moody. Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Fleur lined up. Chapter Four, The Seven Potters.
  7. Harry could not quite comprehend it. Mad-Eye dead; it could not be . . . Mad-Eye, so tough, so brave, consummate survivor. Chapter Five, Fallen Warrior
  8. The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen year. All was well. Epilogue, Nine Years Later, Page 759

These are some of the lines from the book that I quoted for group messaging purposes? Haha. Spoilers!

Exactly 8:41AM I finish reading while I was waiting for my breakfast.

I wonder if there is a Philippine version of Deathly Hallow. Oh, my rating for the book overall is 8/10.

No comments: